Metatribble enables you to create semantic annotations for the people, places and events on web pages, and perform additional actions on those annotations.
Metatribble is a command for the Firefox plugin Ubiquity. To use it:
- Make sure you're using Firefox 3.
- Install the Ubiquity plugin and restart your browser.
- Subscribe to the Metatribble command using the subscribe button at the top of the page.
- Request an OpenCalais API key.
- Activate Ubiquity (typically with Alt-Enter) and run the open-calais-key command, providing your OpenCalais API key
Once Metatribble is installed, it's activated as the metatribble command within Ubiquity.
- Select the text to be marked up (at the moment, a few paragraphs is better than a whole page)
- Activate Ubiquity, and run the metatribble command.
- The page content will be marked up with semantic annotations.
Metatribble is by Kal Ahmed (email@example.com) and Inigo Surguy (firstname.lastname@example.org). It has been written in Oxford, England.
Get the source
You can also clone the project with Git by running:
git clone git://github.com/kal/metatribble
The source code is on GitHub at kal/metatribble, hosted on a server in San Francisco, California.